1/2 cup raw honey
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1/2 tsp fresh orange zest
1/8 tsp sea salt
1 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
3 tbsp whole wheat pastry flour
2 cups raw pecans
1 pie crust of your choice (homemade or premade)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine raw honey, coconut oil, eggs, fresh orange zest, sea salt, unsweetened almond milk, ground cinnamon, pure vanilla extract, and whole wheat pastry flour. Stir to combine.
- Arrange the raw pecans into the prepared 9-inch pie crust.
- Pour the liquid filling mixture over the pecans, spreading some with a spoon if necessary.
- Place into the oven and bake for 10 minutes at 400 degrees, then reduce the temperature to 350 degrees and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- The pie will rise in the oven.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
Kate Horney is a health & fitness professional, wife & mom who is passionate about helping women live healthy, happy and balanced lives.
Specializing in prenatal & postnatal fitness as well as Certified ME-NC Nutrition Coaching and female fat loss, Kate has worked with thousands of women worldwide through her online fitness programs designed specifically for women using research, science, and proven techniques.
Tail Activewear customers can take advantage of an exclusive offer to receive 50% off of their first month of the BeyondFit Food program that includes weekly grocery lists, meal plans, and recipes. Click here to learn more.