- 3 tablespoons vinegar of choice (balsamic vinegar, red wine vinegar, white wine vinegar)
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- 2 medium cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a liquid measuring cup or bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Stir well with a small whisk or a fork until the ingredients are completely mixed together.
- Taste, and adjust as necessary. If the mixture is too acidic, thin it out with a bit more olive oil or balance the flavors with a little more maple syrup or honey.
- Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for future use. Homemade vinaigrette keeps well for 7 to 10 days. If your vinaigrette solidifies somewhat in the fridge, don’t worry about it—real olive oil tends to do that. Simply let it rest at room temperature for 5 to 10 minutes or microwave very briefly (about 20 seconds) to liquify the olive oil again. Whisk to blend and serve.
BALSAMIC VINEGAR: Makes a bold, slightly sweet dressing that is wonderful on green salads with fruit, such as apples, strawberries or peaches.
RED WINE VINEGAR: Packs a punch and works well with other bold flavors and bright veggies, like tomatoes, bell peppers, cucumber, cabbage and more (think Greek salads).
WHITE WINE VINEGAR: This is a more mellow vinegar and it’s especially nice with more delicate flavors like cucumber and sweet corn. It’s lovely on just about every green salad out there.
Kate Horney is a health & fitness professional, wife & mom who is passionate about helping women live healthy, happy and balanced lives.
Specializing in prenatal & postnatal fitness as well as Certified ME-NC Nutrition Coaching and female fat loss, Kate has worked with thousands of women worldwide through her online fitness programs designed specifically for women using research, science, and proven techniques.
Tail Activewear customers can take advantage of an exclusive offer to receive 50% off of their first month of the BeyondFit Food program that includes weekly grocery lists, meal plans, and recipes. Click here to learn more.